Friday, August 05, 2005


Sponsored skydive for ProLife

This is a picture of me just after I fell head first out of the plane at about 13,000 ft, over Cambridgeshire, attached to a professional skydiver, during a skydive I did a while back.

Don't be fooled by the huge grin! There's not much else you can do while falling at 120mph and you know that the picture will be captured forever.

The feeling of falling through blue sky is incredible and terrifying and exhilarating and terrifying and terrifying but once the parachute opens at 5,000 ft you feel tremendously and bizarrely safe, if a little disorientated.

On the promotional literature when I was researching the idea, it said that they would tell you how to open the parachute in case something happened to the professional skydiver, ie. he has a blackout or a heart attack. I don't think there is the least chance I would have the presence of mind to remember if the situation had arisen, but they never told us, and thankfully we touched down safely, without breaking any bones.

I've never bungee jumped, and I would never skydive without a very good reason, but prolife is a very good reason! If every person who thought human rights are important donated even a tiny amount, we'd be able to change the world. People said during Live 8 that if children were dying in England we wouldn't stand for it. Well they are.

If you are prolife, why not make a donation to the ProLife Alliance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home